SOAR Chicken Chili Confetti Rice (E)
If you add more fats, you will end up in crossover mode, so keeping fats to a minimum will keep this in E territory. If you made more than your family can eat, save some for another meal and it freezes well.
- 1 lb. Lean Ground chicken or turkey
- 1 bell pepper or 2 halves assorted colors
- 1 medium onion
- 2 C cooked brown rice
- 2 Cans pinto beans
- 1 Can Kidney Beans
- 1 C Corn
- 1-2 cans diced tomatoes depending how moist you want it
- 1 splash Hot sauce
- 2 packets of taco seasoning
- Avocado cooking spray 0 fat
- Sauté the ground chicken or turkey with diced option and diced bell peppers in a pan with fat free avocado oil cooking spray.
- As the meat is cooking, add a little bit of the diced tomatoes so it does not stick.
- After the meat is cooked, add in the corn, diced tomatoes, beans, two packets of taco seasoning, cooked rice, and hot sauce to taste.
- Incorporate all ingredients together and top with a lid to allow everything to simmer together and bell peppers to soften.
- Make sure to stir to avoid sticking to the bottom.
- Once everything is finished, top with a scant amount of Parmesan cheese and/or small dollop of low-fat sour cream on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!